Sunday, August 4, 2013

Day 129 - The Plot Thickens

http://disclosureverizon.com/

I'm gonna let you in on a marketing secret... Like the middle child (myself excluded) no one really remembers what happens in the middle. As with our our adventure there has been lacking of some posts during this middle portion. But I tell myself that's okay. People will remember your story as they recall you preparing for your hike by purchasing and posting pictures of you huddling up in a sleeping bag in the middle of REI for that epic picture you took naked at the top of Mt. Katahdin..
.



So now begins our last couple legs of our trip. With one month to go and 500 miles to hike, one can soon realize the plot that starting to take shape. Ohh yeah every good story needs a plot, so here is how things are shaping up. 

 Fact 1) I'm a loner. With Eric and Lauren now South bounding (skipping to Mt. Katahdin and walking south) there is no chance of them meeting up with me, except for that single day hen we pass each other on the trail granted. Bo on the other hand has left the trail for a while to pursue an Africa Safari adventure with his family and hopefully returning to the trail in order to see Baxter State Park before the summit closes October 15. 

Fact 2) I'm on a Time Crunch. The entire reason for me to finish by September 1st is so that I can get to Detroit in time in order to stand up in one of my best friends (since elementary school) wedding. Should I not finish the trail by this time, I fear I will not make it back to Maine to finish as my lack of funds and real world glutinous ways would have got me too "comfy" to head back out for a couple of weeks. 

Fact 3) at this moment we need to hike an average of 16 miles a day for the next 31 days in order to make this work to finish on time. Now keeping in mind there this calculation does not include any "zero days" ( days where you do not hike any miles) nor accounts for the harder sections of the trail where we are forced to hike only 10 miles in a day due to great elevations we will have to climb and descend. 

There you have it. We shall see what everything pans out. But dont worry as long as i have my health to keep me hiking, food to keep me energized and a Verizon Wireless Signal to keep posting everything should work out just fine! Now back to hiking...

No comments:

Post a Comment